Complicite, Amy Gwilliam, and Gary Thorne (UCA)
Sasha Milavic Davies, from the world-famous Complicite Theatre Company. Sasha will conduct a workshop exploring Complicite's innovative methods which have seen the company perform in over 40 countries worldwide, win more than 50 awards and be described as ‘...the most influential and consistently interesting theatre company working in Britain.’ The Times.
Amy Gwilliam is an acclaimed writer and performer. She will be performing 'Mummy or the Art of saying Goodbye', her critically lauded one-woman show, a "brilliantly conceived, directed and performed piece of tragi-comic, food-for-thought theatre".
Gary Thorne, formerly of RADA and now teaching at The University of the Creative Arts, has published three books on Stage Design, Designing Stage Costumes and Technical Drawing for the Stage. He was RADA's Head of Theatre Design between 2004 - 2016. He will lead our ever-popular set design workshop where participants will be able to create their own model sets.
All speakers will take questions from your students.
Feedback from 2016 conferences:
"Thoroughly enjoyable. Great Speakers and very accessible, yet high level. Friendly staff, easy to book. Everything was straightforward."
Thomas Mills High School
"It was wonderful for our students to hear such interesting and illuminating perspectives in such an iconic setting."
St Peter's School
"Well organised, easy access."
Alison Michael, Gillotts School
Over 400 schools attend AIM Conferences every year. See some more of their testimonials here.
Thursday 16th November 2017
Tea, coffee and cake will be available for your teachers at the venue as soon as you arrive!
We can help you by providing:
- a risk assessment
- directions to cafes if you choose not to eat your own packed lunches in the venue
- suggested routes to the venue from your school
- Teachers with students attend free
- Unaccompanied teachers wishing to attend should contact us
- Prices do not include VAT, which your school can reclaim in full
Following payment you can choose one of the following free:
- Reserved seats near the front
- A school photograph with one of our speakers
- The chance to send to us in advance, a question chosen by your students, for one of our distinguished speakers, which a representative of your school can ask in the Q&A
(Inevitably, access to these opportunities is limited, and is allocated to schools who request it on a first come, first served basis.)
You can enquire or provisionally book for this conference by filling out our booking form here or by emailing us at: email@example.com