AQA, OCR & EDEXCEL 2018
GCSE, AS & A Level English Literature
Delivered by Cambridge University Academics
- Dr Fred Parker, Fellow and Director of Studies in English at Clare College, Cambridge, will be leading various programmes.
- Dr Cal Revely-Calder of the University of Cambridge has won awards for literary and art criticism from The Guardian, and is a regular contributor to literary publications including the London Review of Books.
- Dr Claire Wilkinson is an English Faculty member at the University of Cambridge.
- Dr Josie O'Donoghue is a Junior Research Fellow at Clare College, Cambridge.
- Dr Brendan Gillott teaches at the University of Cambridge.
Cambridge University Union Debating Chamber
All poems will be covered along with the unseen aspect of your paper. Our academics will consider all your Assessment Objectives.
9th November: AQA - Love and Relationships
12th November: AQA - Power and Conflict
13th November: OCR - Love and Relationships
19th November: OCR - Conflict
22nd November: Edexcel - Relationships
23rd November: Edexcel – Conflict
A Level Poetry and Shakespeare
Our academics will consider all your Assessment Objectives.
26th November: Edexcel - Poems of the Decade (All poems and the unseen aspect of the paper will be covered)
30th November: All boards - Othello
All conferences will run 11am - 3pm.
All speakers will take questions from your students
Tea, coffee and cake will be available for your teachers at the venue as soon as you arrive!
We can help you by providing:
- a risk assessment
- directions to cafes if you choose not to bring packed lunches to the venue
- suggested routes to the venue from your school
£30/GCSE student and £35/A Level student.
Teachers with students attend free. Unaccompanied teachers wishing to attend should contact us.
Prices do not include VAT, which your school can usually reclaim in full.
Following payment you can choose one of the following free:
Reserved seats near the front
- A school photograph with one of our speakers
- The chance for your students to ask a prepared question to one of our distinguished speakers during the Q&A session
These opportunities are limited, and are allocated to schools on a first-come, first-served basis.
Feedback from Last Season
"Good choice of location and excellent quality lectures. Very good facilities for staff. Superb organisation."
St Margaret's School, Bushey
"A really well planned and executed session. Special thanks for giving the students such personal attention. To work with experts in their field has given these students a truly memorable experience. They were really inspired and have a belief that they can do it."
Hillview School for Girls
"Well run and very, very courteous."
Bromley High School
"Thoroughly enjoyable. Great Speakers and very accessible, yet high level. Friendly staff, easy to book. Everything was straightforward."
Thomas Mills High School
Over 400 schools attend AIM Conferences every year.
You can enquire or provisionally book for this conference by filling out our booking form here or by emailing us at: email@example.com